Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Beginning

I wish I could remember the first time Chuck gave Caroline, Lisa and I this collective nick-name…but it was most likely in the late 1980’s or early 1990’s.  I’m sure it was after we moved in together in 1985 and he got to know my sisters and how we interacted when the 3 of us were together.  However, I remember one Christmas when Chuck and I were in Michigan and were visiting Aunt Frances and Uncle Andy.   Uncle Andy commented on how he wished his girls got along and had such a great relationship as I did with my sisters…I believe this was the Christmas after Dad’s 85th birthday party…which was 1991 and could have been around the time that the Sin Sister nickname began…although it was more likely before we were married in 1990.


I know the reason for the Sin Sister nickname was because when we are together we have a "sinfully" good time...although Mom may have thought it to be derogatory it was always meant to be a term of endearment.  It was not hard for the 3 of us to embrace the nickname and give it its own charter. 

So this is the background of the Sin Sisters…three sisters…many years apart…born in 1956, 1961, and 1963…raise by John and Philis…so different but as adults formed a bond that over the years extended into a Sisterhood that includes an offspring, nieces, grandnieces, and extended family to become the collective Sin Sisters…

So what does it mean to be a Sin Sister…as the eldest I believe it is that no matter what or when we are there for each other…it is a Sisterhood…a  bond weather by birth, ancestry or adoption, you understand that whenever one of the collective is in need the others gather around in support...you are there for the good time and the bad.

1 comment:

  1. Sin Sisters Rock! More stories. Like, tell us more about SS#2...she sounds very interesting:)

    ReplyDelete